This new "Dinning on a $ Cooking Contest" recipe was created with Ramen Noodles the "Star" ingredient, plus four others on the special ingredient list which include egg, nutmeg, cottage cheese and peanuts. The noodles and the cottage cheese give the bread body & moisture, where as the peanuts give it a nice crunchy texture, The peanut flavor doesn't over power the nutmeg. Serve warm with sweet butter. Enjoy!
- Boil two cups of water.
- Remove from heat and add Ramen noodles and let noodles soak for 2 minutes. Do not use the seasoning packet.
- Strain water from noodles and blot dry with a paper towel.
- Place noodles on a cutting board and cut cross wise until noodles are all about 1” long.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl use an electric mixer to mix flour, sugar, nutmeg, baking powder, vanilla, egg, milk, and cottage cheese together until well blended.
- Fold in Ramen noodles and mix well with spoon.
- Add 1/2 cup chopped peanuts into batter.
- Grease inside of baking dish with pat of margarine.
- Pour batter into 2-quart square baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining peanuts over uncooked batter.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until inserted toothpick in middle comes out clean.
- Cooking time does not include boiling water.
- (Serve with or without butter).