1/4 Photos of Ramen Noodle Peanut Bread
1 hr 20 mins
This new "Dinning on a $ Cooking Contest" recipe was created with Ramen Noodles the "Star" ingredient, plus four others on the special ingredient list which include egg, nutmeg, cottage cheese and peanuts. The noodles and the cottage cheese give the bread body & moisture, where as the peanuts give it a nice crunchy texture, The peanut flavor doesn't over power the nutmeg. Serve warm with sweet butter. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil two cups of water.
- 2Remove from heat and add Ramen noodles and let noodles soak for 2 minutes. Do not use the seasoning packet.
- 3Strain water from noodles and blot dry with a paper towel.
- 4Place noodles on a cutting board and cut cross wise until noodles are all about 1” long.
- 5Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 6In a bowl use an electric mixer to mix flour, sugar, nutmeg, baking powder, vanilla, egg, milk, and cottage cheese together until well blended.
- 7Fold in Ramen noodles and mix well with spoon.
- 8Add 1/2 cup chopped peanuts into batter.
- 9Grease inside of baking dish with pat of margarine.
- 10Pour batter into 2-quart square baking dish.
- 11Sprinkle remaining peanuts over uncooked batter.
- 12Bake for 50-60 minutes or until inserted toothpick in middle comes out clean.
- 13Cooking time does not include boiling water.
- 14(Serve with or without butter).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ramen Noodle Peanut Bread
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.5
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 16.9 mg
- Sodium 381.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 9.3 g