A unique pumpkin recipe ideal for breakfast, brunch or simply an autumn afternoon treat served with steaming mugs of spiced apple cider. Recipe courtesy of a CooksRecipes e-mail I received.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree (about 2 cups)
- 1 (14 ounce) caneagle brand sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 4 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In large bowl, blend cream cheese, pumpkin, EAGLE BRAND®, flour and spices until combined and smooth.
- Unroll crescent rolls; separate and lay flat. Evenly spread 1½ tablespoons of pumpkin mixture over the uncooked dough. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon chopped nuts over the pumpkin layer, then roll into crescent shape.
- Sprinkle top of rolls with sugar. Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- Store leftovers covered at room temperature.