Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A unique pumpkin recipe ideal for breakfast, brunch or simply an autumn afternoon treat served with steaming mugs of spiced apple cider. Recipe courtesy of a CooksRecipes e-mail I received.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree (about 2 cups)
- 1 (14 ounce) caneagle brand sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 4 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In large bowl, blend cream cheese, pumpkin, EAGLE BRAND®, flour and spices until combined and smooth.
- Unroll crescent rolls; separate and lay flat. Evenly spread 1½ tablespoons of pumpkin mixture over the uncooked dough. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon chopped nuts over the pumpkin layer, then roll into crescent shape.
- Sprinkle top of rolls with sugar. Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- Store leftovers covered at room temperature.
If you love pumpkin pie then these are sure to please. Made for breakfast last week. I hold off on 5 stars because after 18 minutes of baking they were still moist on the bottom. I'm not sure if I should turn the heat up next time or just cook longer. I'll be experimenting though. Thanks!
What a great idea if you love pumpkin these are a must try! I cut the recipe in half (have plans to use the other half of the eagle brand) I also doubled the pumpkin pie spice and it was just right for us. I only used about 1/4 cup of ground pecans, I found that I had extra pumpkin mix left over Im not sure that I could have got any more in them, but thats ok Im storing it in the fridge for this weekend to make some more. Mine baked up in 13 minutes. Thanks for sharing this recipe, one I will make again and be thinking of you.
Much tastier than what I expected. It's almost like a little pumpkin pie in a roll. I did have leftover filling, which I put in a pie shell - we'll see how that turns out. Thanks so much for posting! Made for I Recommend Tag Game.