1 hr 30 mins
Chef #380338's Note:
Low Fat and Low Sugar ice cream you’ll love!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Mix 1 Ingredients
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 4 (1 g) packets Splenda sugar substitute or 4 (1 g) packets Equal sugar substitute
Mix 2 Ingredients
- 1For the Mix 1 put the heavy cream and cream cheese (Do not use the cream cheese fat free version as it’s flavorless)in a food processor till they completely mix and the texture thickens. Put it into a bowl and sweetened (4 to 5 packages for my taste) or as sweet as you’ll like (Remember to make it a little bit sweeter as the churning process in the ice cream maker machine dulls the flavor) and cover the bowl and put in the fridge till needed.
- 2For the Mix 2 beat in a electric mixer egg yolks, sugar and cornstarch until the mix color lightens. In a saucepan heat the milk before the boiling point remove from stove and add a generous amount of cinnamon powder or 3 to 4 cinnamon sticks and peeled ginger root, cover and let infuse for about 10 minutes.
- 3After the 10 minutes strain the milk infusion and add it to the eggs mixture, mix well and put in a saucepan on low heat continuously stirring till the mix thickens then remove from the heat and mix it with the pumpkin purée in the electric mixer till everything is completely mixed (purée can be purchased unsweeted a in can or you can boil the peeled pumpkin chunks and then make it puree in a food processor. Leftover can be freeze for later use). Before put the mix in the fridge taste it to verify the flavor and always expect it to be a little bit sweeter than you like.
- 4Both mixes have to be very chill before be added in the ice cream maker, usually from 2 or 3 hours in the fridge. Transfer Mix 2 first into ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer's instructions. Usually takes 30 minutes (depending of the machine) for the total time to finish the ice cream, if so 10 minutes before complete the cycle add the Mix 1. If your machine takes more than 30 minutes add the Mix 1 in the last third before the complete process. Remember the Mix 1, contains heavy cream that is the fat that will cream the ice cream, adding it in the last part of the churning process the ice cream will achieve the firm but smooth finish you love in Italian’s Gelattos.
- 5This recipe is not total sugar free as the pumpkin naturally contains fructose (natural sugar found in all fruits), however, diabetics and persons in low sugar diet can enjoy it.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.9
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 359.6 mg
- Sodium 235.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 13.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: