Great strawberry dessert that perfectly mixes the sweet and (slightly) salty taste combination! Not sure where this came from, but it's been passed around the family for quite a few years now. Contains: Pretzels, strawberries, whipped topping, strawberry cream cheese & strawberry jello.
- Dissolve jello in water and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt margarine in small pan, add 3 tablespoons sugar, mix and then add crushed pretzels. Mix until well coated and pour into 9 x 13 pan and spread out to coat bottom. Bake in oven for 8 minutes. Let cool.
- Mix cream cheese and 12 oz. whipped topping and then add 1 cup sugar. Mix well and then pour on top of pretzel mix. Spread evenly in pan and "seal" mix to edge of pan to protect pretzel mix below.
- Cut strawberries in half lengthwise and put on top of whipped topping mixture, slightly pushing into mix to hold them in place. Carefully pour jello mix on top of mixture.
- Cover pan and refrigerate for at least 4 hours until jello sets up.
- Be sure to cut through pretzel mix when serving.