Vicki in CT's Note:
Perfectly splendid dessert. Can make ahead so perfect for quick prep or for when company comes. For RSC. Regarding the phyllo dough sheets: ****ATTN: I have seen both 9X13" size phyllo dough sheets and 12X20" size sheets. You do the math to determine if you can get 8 squares out of one size sheet or not. So you may not need two sets but only one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut, shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (or more)
- 1 (8 ounce) package phyllo dough, thawed (you will not be using all of this)
- 3 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar (you can sub sugar substitute if you wish)
- 8 ounces whipped cream
- 1Melt 1/3 cup butter on stove and add Splenda brown sugar. Stir and cook for 2 minutes. Add sour cream and cook 4 minutes while stirring. Remove from heat. Add cereal, nuts, and coconut. Stir until coated.
- 2Meanwhile, place sheet of phyllo dough on counter top (or large flat surface). Brush melted butter over sheet. Layer on another sheet and layer with butter. Repeat forming a stack of four sheets. ***SEE COMMENT IN DESCRIPTION*****Do this process again making another stack of four sheets. Cut into squares, approximately 4" or large circles. Your objective is to make the correct size to fit into MINI muffin tins. Place these cut pieces into MINI sized muffin cups that have been sprayed with Pam. Form to fit.
- 3Mix marscapone cheese and powdered sugar. Spoon one teaspoon into each muffin cup.
- 4Spoon heaping teaspoon of cooked mixture over cream cheese mixture. At this point can be done ahead of time and refrigerated until baking.
- 5Bake at 375 degrees for 11-16 minutes, or until golden.
- 6Serve a dollop of whipped cream on each portion.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Praline Crunch Cups
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.3
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 34.8 mg
- Sodium 264.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: