1/2 Photos of Praline Apple Bread
1 hr 10 mins
Topped with gooey caramel and crunchy pecans, this apple bread is a hit with kids and adults alike!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; grease a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- 2Using an electric mixer on low speed, beat together the granulated sugar, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla until combined; raise speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes.
- 3In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, nutmeg, baking powder, soda, and salt; gradually add to sugar/sour cream mixture on low speed until combined.
- 4By hand, stir in the chopped apple and 1/2 cup of the pecans.
- 5Turn batter into the greased loaf pan; sprinkle with the remaining chopped pecans and press nuts lightly into the batter.
- 6Bake in a 350 degree oven for 55 to 60 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; if bread is turning too brown, cover top of the bread loosely with foil for the last 10 minutes.
- 7Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 8While bread is cooling, in a small saucepan over medium-high heat combine the butter and brown sugar and cook, stirring, until mixture comes to a boil.
- 9Reduce heat and simmer gently for 1 minute to make caramel topping.
- 10Remove bread from pan; drizzle top with the caramel and let cool.
- 11Serve and enjoy!
- 12Recipe collected from Gail's Recipe Swap.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Praline Apple Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3770.9
- Calories from Fat 1656
- Total Fat 184.1 g
- Saturated Fat 67.1 g
- Cholesterol 618.4 mg
- Sodium 3281.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 492.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.1 g
- Sugars 284.2 g
- Protein 54.3 g