1/1 Photo of Pistachio Rice Pudding
Sydney Mike's Note:
Here's a recipe from the 2006 William-Sonoma cookbook, 'desserts' & is right up my alley, what with rice combined with these nuts! If serving the pudding cold, the preparation time does not include time needed to chill!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan, combine milk, condensed milk & rice & bring to boil over medium heat.
- 2Reduce heat to maintain a low simmer & cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- 3Add cardamom, vanilla & 2/3 of the apricots, & cook until rice is tender, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- 4Stir in zest & cream, if using it.
- 5Garnish with pistachios & the remaining apricots, & serve warm or cold.
- 6If serving cold, press parchment/baking paper directly onto surface of pudding to prevent a skin from forming, & chill at least 3-4 hours (or overnight if desired).
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pistachio Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 460.4
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 49.6 mg
- Sodium 155.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 20.5 g
- Protein 14.7 g