Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a easy, yummy pudding based ice cream (with or without the chopped nuts). The recipe is from the book that came with my ice cream machine. Please Note: This recipe is NOT eggless, as the pudding mix contains eggs. The Eggless category would not "unclick" when I tried to edit it out. Sorry for the error :(
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pistachio nut (the skinless, unsalted kind) (optional)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix
- Put pudding mix in a small bowl, whisk in 2 cups of cold milk.
- Pre chill your ice cream machine for about 5 min (if pre chilling is required by manufacture).
- Pour pudding mixture into machine and follow manufacturers directions.
- If using the nuts, add them to the mixture when it is about half done, and finish processing; OR, follow the manufacturers directions for adding chopped candy bars to ice cream, and add the chopped nuts following those directions.
- Store any leftover ice cream in the freezer in a tightly covered container.
- Press a piece of plastic wrap into the surface of the ice cream before covering the container, to prevent ice crystals from forming.
Wow this was very easy! The first recipe for my new ice cream maker and have to say I was impressed. A tad too sweet for me but it was sooo simple! I didnt use the pistachio nuts because Im not a big fan but the little bits in the pudding mix were good enough for me. Thanks Dee!