Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Taste of Home. I made it making several substitutions because I cannot buy all the listed ingredients in The Netherlands, so when you read 'or' that is what I used. Freezing time not included.
- 29.58 ml butter
- 177.44 ml butter-flavored cracker crumbs (or grahm cracker crumbs)
- 236.59 ml cold milk
- 96.38 g package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 473.18 ml vanilla ice cream, softened
- 226.79 g carton frozen whipped topping, thawed (or whipped cream)
- 2 Heath candy bars, crushed (1.4 ounces each)
- In a microwave-safe 8-in. square dish, melt butter. Stir in cracker crumbs; press mixture onto bottom of dish.
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Whisk in the ice cream, pour over crust. Cover and freeze for 2 hours.
- Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with crushed candy bars.
- Return to the freezer until firm, but remove from the freezer approx 10 minutes before serving.
This was very easy and a nice green color for St. Paddy's day dessert. Unfortunately it wasn't a hit with my family, but it was for me, just there personal taste to the pistachio flavor. Thanks for a festive holiday dessert!!!
OH MY GOSH! This was sooo good. The waiting was hard, lol, but so worth it. I used graham crackers myself. I think that worked best for me. MMM, the crunch from the heath bars made it good too.
My husband isn't crazy about pistachios, but I love them. So this was more of a dessert for me. He said it was ok, but I thought it was wonderful. I will have to make again for other people who appreciate pistachios. Thanks for posting.