Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My grandmother made this dessert salad every Christmas I can remember. The original called for making Dream Whip, and this version has been updated to use Cool Whip. She always just made this from eyeing and tasting, so use your judgement as you add ingredients. Pecan pieces can be used instead of halves, if desired.
- Drain the maraschino cherries, reserving the juice. Set the juice aside. Chop the cherries in half. Set aside.
- Pour in some of cherry juice to the cream cheese and beat with a mixer. Keep adding juice until it reaches desired taste. (Use a bit more than you think is necessary, because the taste will be mellowed out a bit with the Cool Whip.).
- Stir in the cherry halves, pineapple, and pecans.
- Fold in the Cool Whip until mixed, and fold in the marshmallows until everything is well combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least an hour before serving.