1/2 Photos of Pineapple Sherbet
Sydney Mike's Note:
When I was growing up my mom used to make a pineapple sherbet & freeze it in long metal trays used for making ice cubes. This recipe approximates her recipe of years ago. Preparation time does not include the time it takes to partially freeze & refreeze the sherbet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1From the lemon remove the zest & chop the zest fine, then squeeze juice from the lemon.
- 2In a small saucepan, heat sugar, half-and-half & zest until sugar is melted, but DO NOT BOIL. Set aside to cool.
- 3When sugar mixture is cool, add lemon juice & pineapple AND the pineapple juice.
- 4Freeze only until it is frozen an inch or so out from the edge.
- 5Spoon the partially frozen mixture into a mixing bowl & beat with electric mixer, before folding in whipping cream & mixing well.
- 6Spoon the sherbet back into the freezer trays & partially freeze again, then beat again & refreeze before serving.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Sherbet
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 472.8
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 101.0 mg
- Sodium 58.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 46.4 g
- Protein 4.1 g