delicious cupcakes topped with coconut
Make and share this Pina Colada Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees, and place paper baking cup in 24 regular size muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, beat the first 6 ingredients listed with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Then beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Divive batter evenly into the 24 muffin cups.
- Bake 18-24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes, and remove from pan to a wire rack. Then cool for 30 minutes.
- Stir coconut extract and rum extract into frosting, and spread on cupcakes.
- Dip tops of frosted cupcakes in coconut.
- Store loosely covered at room temperature.
I followed the cupcake recipe to a T, and wound up with burned bottoms of cupcakes. I didn't have time to make a second batch, but I would suggest to try the mix's baking time and heat. For the icing, I used thawed coolwhip rather than the whipped icing, but still added the teaspoons of rhum and coconut flavours.
loved this used coconut milk instead of water and coconut rum instead of extracts not much im a light weight
Yummy! I did leave out the rum extract. Made for Please Review My Recipe.