This is one of Southern Living's top-rated recipes from 2001. Prep time does not include chilling for at least 8 hours.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 3⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup cream of coconut
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup light rum
- 4 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- whipped cream
- toasted coconut
- Stor together butter, graham cracker crumbs, chopped pecans and sugar.
- Press into bottom and 1 1/2 inches up sides of a lightly greased 10-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar at medium speed with electric mixer for 3minutes or until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Add pineapple, cream of coconut, sour cream, light rum and coconut extract.
- Beat until blended.
- Pour mixture into crust.
- Bake at 325°F for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- For Glaze: Stir together cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Combine cornstarch mixture with crushed pineapple, sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- When glaze is cooled, spread glaze over top of cheesecake.
- Cover and chill for at least 8 hours.
- Garnish if desired before serving.