1/2 Photos of Peppermint Cheesecake
per member request, this recipe comes from Sunset magazine. Cooking time includes chilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces oreos cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, broken into pieces
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/2 lbs cream cheese, at room temp
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup coarsly crushed candy cane
- 1Place cookies in a heavy zip lock bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- 2Pour into a buttered 9 inch springform pan and pour melted butter over crumbs.
- 3mix to coat, then press evenly over bottom and about 1/2 inch up sides of pan.
- 4Bake in a 300 degree oven until crust is slightly darker and looks a bit dry, about 10 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile in a bowl, with a mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese and sugar until well blended.
- 6Beat in sour cream.
- 7Add eggs one at a time, beating after each additioon.
- 8Beat in flour, vanilla, peppermint extract and salt until smooth.
- 9Pour cream cheese mixture into pan over baked crust.
- 10Bake until edges are just golden and center jiggles slightly when pan is gently shaken, about 1 hour.
- 11Run a knife around edge of pan rim.
- 12Place pan on a wire rack and cool cheesecake completely in pan.
- 13Cover and chill until cold, at least 4 hours or up to 2 days.
- 14Run a knife around edge again, then release rim.
- 15If any liquid has pooled on surface of cheesecake, blot dry gently with a paper towel.
- 16Decorate top of cake with crushed candycane, pressing in gently with your hands.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppermint Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.0
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 143.3 mg
- Sodium 449.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 24.4 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: