per member request, this recipe comes from Sunset magazine. Cooking time includes chilling.
Make and share this Peppermint Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces oreos cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, broken into pieces
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cream cheese, at room temp
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup coarsly crushed candy cane
- Place cookies in a heavy zip lock bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Pour into a buttered 9 inch springform pan and pour melted butter over crumbs.
- mix to coat, then press evenly over bottom and about 1/2 inch up sides of pan.
- Bake in a 300 degree oven until crust is slightly darker and looks a bit dry, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a bowl, with a mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese and sugar until well blended.
- Beat in sour cream.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each additioon.
- Beat in flour, vanilla, peppermint extract and salt until smooth.
- Pour cream cheese mixture into pan over baked crust.
- Bake until edges are just golden and center jiggles slightly when pan is gently shaken, about 1 hour.
- Run a knife around edge of pan rim.
- Place pan on a wire rack and cool cheesecake completely in pan.
- Cover and chill until cold, at least 4 hours or up to 2 days.
- Run a knife around edge again, then release rim.
- If any liquid has pooled on surface of cheesecake, blot dry gently with a paper towel.
- Decorate top of cake with crushed candycane, pressing in gently with your hands.