There was a candy co., "Tom's," in the South that made these wonderful pink peanut patties. This recipe tastes just as yummy! It's the raw peanuts --they're not cooked to roasted stage. I adapted the recipe from stove-top directions back in the late 60's. It's so easy my sons made it, too, as kids. No scorching, no continuous stirring: let the microwave work for you. I use a 2-qt. glass measuring cup with handle, a wooden spoon for stirring and have a glass lid that fits. The handle helps when the candy hits over 200* The cooling pad of waxed paper over newspaper keeps the wax from sticking to your counter top. Time numbers in brackets are for double batch. See the companion recipe for Pecan Pralines. Both are great for gifts!
- Put 1st seven ingredients in lg. glass bowl in order. Not necessary to stir now. Cover.
- Cook on HIGH 5 minute (5).
- Stir, cover, cook on High 4 minute (6).
- (Repeat only for double batch - 5 min.).
- Stir in vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Mix well, then drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper on newspaper pad. Enjoy! They're better than Tom's.
- You can cook on stove---get syrup to softball stage -234*; stir constantly.