Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Easy Home Cooking Magazine.
Make and share this Peanut Butter Truffles recipe from Food.com.
- Combine chocolate chips, whipping cream and butter in heavy, medium saucepan; melt over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add peanut butter; stir until blended. Pour into pie pan. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until mixture is fudgy but soft, stirring occasionally.
- Shape mixture by tablespoonfuls into 1-1/4-inch balls; place on waxed paper.
- Place peanuts in shallow bowl. Roll balls in peanuts; place in petit four or paper candy cups. (If peanuts won't stick because truffle has set, roll truffle between palms until outside is soft.).
- Truffles can be refrigerated 2 to 3 days or frozen several weeks.
these turned out quite well I made as stated and next time I am going to try this using darker chocolate, they definately need a chilling time to firm up, since this was a test run for the holidays i only made a half a recipe, I will make again, thank MRSJSPANTS!
Oh wow! Made a half recipe last night since that fit the amount of ingredients on hand. Plus DH was looking for a sweet treat. Minor change was using evap milk since we had no whipping cream. Poured into a small (maybe 7 inch) pie dish. It might have stayed in the fridge 45 minutes before the "boys" (DH and DSS) just had to try it. No rolling into balls; they just ate it with spoons right from the dish. I got one small taste and it's very rich and tasty. The peanut butter taste wasn't as noticeable as we might have hoped, but it was a lovely smooth texture and great flavor. I can't comment on how easy it might be to roll into balls since we didn't get that far with it. I do think this would make a nice decadent sundae topping, however, and might try that in the future.