Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is so easy and tasty- intense peanut butter flavor for the real PB lovers! Use 1/2 cup for less intense peanut butter taste. Cook time is freezing time.
- 3⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter (I like skippy naturals of Jif honey peanut butter)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar (or a little less)
- 3 cups half-and-half (you can use a combo of milk and heavy cream here too)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Oreo cookies, chopped and fozen
- peanut butter cup, chopped and frozen
- Reese's pieces
- Beat peanut butter and sugar until smooth.
- Slowly beat in 1 cup half and half until thoroughly combined.
- Whisk in 2 cups half and half, vanilla and salt.
- Freeze according to manufactures instructions (i sometimes freeze the liquid mixture for 30 minutes to get it reallllly cold first).
- Add mix in's in the last 5 minutes.
I used half milk and half evaporated milk. Very rich and creamy and topped with hot fudge. Perfect!!!!
This turned out grainy and frothy. It's seems to want to seperate. I used a natural no stir peanut butter with no added sugar. Not the kind with oil floating. I used raw milk and cream mixed to make up the half and half. I lessened the sugar by about half a cup for a tripled batch. Enough to fill my 4 quart freezer. I'm guessing it's because I used high quality peanut butter and not that other junk. I'll be seeking a different recipe. The kids are good critics. " mom the flavor is good but it's to fluffy. We can call it peanut butter fluff." Well at least it won't go to waste.
This is a great recipe. I used unsweetened almond milk and it worked delicously. What I like about it the most is there are no eggs.<br/>Thank you so much for posting it!