Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Another great Kraft recipe. A nice combination of chocolate and butterscotch chips with peanut butter, peanuts, and chow mein noodles. A great candy gift for special occasions or as a hostess gift. You can use candy papers that are available at most dollar stores. Place the candy on a pretty plate (paper, plastic, or a pretty china plate from a second hand store). Line the plate with a paper doily also available at the dollar store. Cover the plate with plastic wrap, add a bow and voila! Or use the candy papers and a pretty box from the dollar store. I think raisins would be a great addition or substitution for the peanuts if you like. I used a heavy-bottom pot over low heat to melt the ingredients instead of the microwave oven.
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- Mix chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, butter and peanut butter in a large microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave on MEDIUM for 3 to 4 minutes or until completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after one minute.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix well.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of mixture in 1-inch mounds onto wax paper-covered baking sheets.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Loved these, 1-2-3- and they are done. So good . These are great to do with the kids too, no stove just microwave.I'll be making these again. Thanks
So easy to make and another family pleaser! I ran short of butterscotch chips so I made up the difference with peanut butter chips. These finger-licking goodies will definitely be a repeater for me! Thanks for sharing.