Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
All the credit on this recipe goes to GA's own, Ms. Paula Deen -- thanks Paula, this is so quick, easy, & deelicious y'all!
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese, sliced
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 2 (16 ounce) boxes confectioners' sugar
- Lightly spray the bottom of a 9 by 2-inch square pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt cheese and butter together, then add peanut butter and stir until smooth. Remove from heat and add vanilla and nuts.
- Empty confectioners' sugar into a large bowl and pour cheese mixture over sugar. Stir until completely mixed. Candy will be very stiff.
- Using your hands, remove candy from the bowl and press evenly and firmly into the pan. Because of the amount of butter in this recipe, pat top of candy with a paper towel to remove excess oil. Place the pan in refrigerator until candy is firm.
- To serve, cut into squares.
I have two rules for fudge. It has to taste good and I have to be able to cut it without having it crumble. This tastes fine but it did not cut well.
I saw Paula Deen making this yesterday on her Food Network show and I just had to try it. It is just wonderful! So easy to make. Any peanut butter lover should be thrilled with this fudge. It's very rich but very good. I did blot the excess oil with a paper towel several times. This fudge firms up very nice after several hours and it's easy to cut. Thanks for sharing.
Very easy to make!! So easy to eat it all, if you don't watch it!! DELICIOUS!! You can not taste the cheese at all!! The best peanut butter ever!! Thanks, Paula Deen!!