1/2 Photos of Peachy Pear Bread Pudding
A little something sweet for the dieters that doesn't taste like diet food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 slices bread (a dense bread works best)
- 2 tablespoons light margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sliced canned peaches, in natural juices
- 1/2 cup sliced canned pears, in natural juices
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup egg substitute, equal to 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar or 1/3 cup Splenda granular
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups nonfat milk (or fat free half-and-half)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven 350°F.
- 2Spread margarine thinly on both sides of slices of bread. Cut each slice into 3/4-inch cubes. Place bread in an 8-inch square baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with vegetable spray.
- 3Arrange peaches and pears on top of bread and sprinkle cranberries over all.
- 4In a medium bowl, beat egg, egg substitute, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg until well combined.
- 5Gradually add milk to egg mixture, stirring well. Stir in vanilla.
- 6Pour egg mixture over bread mixture; do not stir.
- 7Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until pudding is lightly browned.
- 8Serve warm topped with a small amount of fat-free whipped topping if desired.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peachy Pear Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.7
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 27.3 mg
- Sodium 121.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: