Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Of all the summertime flavors, I think that peach ice cream brings it all home for me. This delightful recipe comes from the Inn At Little Washington and Chef Patrick O'Connell. Special equipment: Ice Cream Machine(cook time is estimated freezing time)
- In the top of a double boiler or a in a stainless steel bowl set over a pan of simmering water, whisk the egg yolks and sugar together until warm to the touch.
- Add the peach puree and salt.
- Whisking constantly, continue cookig until the custard thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat and add the cream, vanilla, and chopped peaches.
- Chill in the refrigerator, then freeze in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer's directions.
I went looking for Virginia Recipes this past weekend and had also picked up fresh local peaches at the farmers market too. What a treat to find a recipe from The Inn at Little Washington for Peach Ice Cream! This is a great recipe and makes for lovely ice cream with great local cream from the folks of Trickling Spring Creamery!<br/><br/>Thanks for sharing! I've further shared on www.HudnallsHuddle.com which is dedicated to recipes with fresh local ingredients and local establishments.
This is a rich and creamy ice cream with a wonderful peachy flavor. I made this about a week ago after my husband and I picked fresh peaches. I only had about a cup of heavy cream so I substituted with half and half. I was a little worried the ice cream would not be as creamy as we like it, but it turned out delicious. This is an excellent custard recipe and any fruit could be substituted. Thank you for sharing it and I will be repeating often.
I love this!! I made this for my parents anniversary party/barbecue. It was loved by everyone! It is very creamy and has just the right amount of peach flavor.