Of all the summertime flavors, I think that peach ice cream brings it all home for me. This delightful recipe comes from the Inn At Little Washington and Chef Patrick O'Connell. Special equipment: Ice Cream Machine(cook time is estimated freezing time)
- In the top of a double boiler or a in a stainless steel bowl set over a pan of simmering water, whisk the egg yolks and sugar together until warm to the touch.
- Add the peach puree and salt.
- Whisking constantly, continue cookig until the custard thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat and add the cream, vanilla, and chopped peaches.
- Chill in the refrigerator, then freeze in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer's directions.