Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a marvelous peach cobbler that goes together in a flash. The batter is placed on the bottom of the baking dish and rises to the top during baking and becomes crispy and brown. Don't forget to add the scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 2 cups sliced peaches
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter (no margarine)
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- Mix sliced peaches with 1 cup of sugar and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Put butter in baking dish (about 2 quart) and set in oven to melt butter.
- Make a batter of remaining 1/2 cup sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and milk.
- Pour this mixture over melted butter, but do not stir.
- Put the sugared peaches on top of the batter.
- Do not stir.
- Bake in 350° oven for about 1 hour.
I made this in the morning and brought it to workd. Everybody loved it. I think I'll try it with alittle vanilla in the batter next time, I am just a huge fan of vanilla flavored foods. Even still i'll be making this one alot.
Was great....also good with a lil coconut sprinkled over top.
So easy and so good.