I found this peach cobbler recipe on the internet from the Salt Lick Restaurant in Austin, TX. Everyone loves this recipe so much I have to make a double batch! Feel free to cut back on the sugar. Everyone has and the peach cobbler still comes out perfect. :D Personally, I always use two bags of frozen peaches instead of canned.
- Melt butter in a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder & salt.
- Stir in milk & egg.
- Pour evenly over melted butter.
- Combine peaches, sugar & spices and spread over batter-DO NOT STIR!
- Bake 35-45 minutes at 350°F until batter comes to the top and is golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream.