1/1 Photo of Palace Cafe White Chocolate Bread Pudding
1 hr 30 mins
I got this recipe quite a few years ago, and it's still my favorite bread pudding. It's attributed to the Palace Cafe in New Orleans. I don't make it too often because it's so rich, and expensive, but once in a while for a special occasion... Warning...do not serve to weight watchers! You can freeze the leftover egg whites for future use. Sometimes I'll keep a couple out and make some meringue cookies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 10 ounces white chocolate
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 loaf French bread or 1 loaf Italian bread, cut into 1/4 " slices and dried in oven
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Preheat oven to 275.
- 2(temperature is correct) Spray a casserole dish large enough to hold the bread and egg mixture with non-stick vegetable spray.
- 3Being careful not to burn the mixture, heat cream & add chocolate in a double boiler. Stir until melted and remove from the heat.
- 4Also in a double boiler, whisk together the milk, sugar, eggs, egg yolks and vanilla and heat until till just warm.
- 5Pour this into white chocolate mixture and blend.
- 6Place the bread in the baking dish & pour half the cream mixture over the bread.
- 7Let it absorb for a few minutes & pour remaining cream mixture over the pudding.
- 8Cover with foil & bake for 1 hour.
- 9Remove foil & bake 15 minutes longer, or until top is golden.
- 10To make the sauce.
- 11In a double boiler, melt 8 oz white chocolate with the cream.
- 12Remove from the heat & stir until blended.
- 13To serve: Let the pudding cool to room temperature.
- 14(Can be served warm or chilled).
- 15Cut into serving pieces & spoon the warm sauce over the servings.
- 16Top with chocolate shavings.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Palace Cafe White Chocolate Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1206.8
- Calories from Fat 606
- Total Fat 67.4 g
- Saturated Fat 39.3 g
- Cholesterol 367.7 mg
- Sodium 792.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 128.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 53.6 g
- Protein 26.1 g