Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was a big favorite in our house when I was growing up. My mom made it for all of our company during the winter time. It has the most delicious chocolate topping on top which just makes this dessert. You can experiment with different flavors of icecream. I usually stick with vanilla or peppermint (at Christmas time).
- Mix oreos and butter together.
- Pat into a 9 by 13 pan.
- Spread 1/2 gallon of vanilla icecream over the cookie crust.
- Freeze hard (overnight or for several hours).
- Melt the chocolate, butter, salt, evaporated milk, and sugar.
- Cook until thick.
- Drizzle over the icecream layer.