So colorful and tasty. From Jose Andres.
Make and share this Oranges in Red Wine - Naranjas Al Vino Tinto recipe from Food.com.
- In a medium saucepan, combine all the syrup ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until mixture is reduced by one third, about 25 minutes.
- Strain the mixture and refrigerate until cooled. Check the syrup's consistency. It should be like honey. If too thin, return it to pan and reduce for a few more minutes. If too thick, add a little water. Set aside.
- Slice off the tops and bottoms of the oranges. Then remove all the peel and pith around the oranges.
- Slice along the sides of each segment and pull out the segments.
- Repeat with lemons.
- Spoon the syrup onto a plate and arrange the orange and lemon segments over it. Sprinkle mint leaves on top.