1/5 Photos of Oranges in Red Wine - Naranjas Al Vino Tinto
So colorful and tasty. From Jose Andres.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 lemon zest (removed with peeler)
- 1 orange zest (removed with peeler)
- 2 cloves
- 1 teaspoon juniper berries
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 star anise pods
- 1In a medium saucepan, combine all the syrup ingredients and bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat to low and simmer until mixture is reduced by one third, about 25 minutes.
- 3Strain the mixture and refrigerate until cooled. Check the syrup's consistency. It should be like honey. If too thin, return it to pan and reduce for a few more minutes. If too thick, add a little water. Set aside.
- 4Slice off the tops and bottoms of the oranges. Then remove all the peel and pith around the oranges.
- 5Slice along the sides of each segment and pull out the segments.
- 6Repeat with lemons.
- 7Spoon the syrup onto a plate and arrange the orange and lemon segments over it. Sprinkle mint leaves on top.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oranges in Red Wine - Naranjas Al Vino Tinto
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.1
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 50.4 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
star anise pods