Prep 8 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Use whatever combination of jello and fruit you'd like for this salad.
Make and share this Orange Tapioca Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packagesvanilla americana tapioca pudding (not instant)
- 1 (3 ounce) box orange Jell-O
- 3 cups water
- 1 can mandarin orange, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups Cool Whip
- Mix pudding and jello with water and microwave 8 minutes on"High", stir every 2 minutes.
- Remove and chill until almost set.
- Add oranges and Cool Whip; mix.
- Chill until set.
My girls love tapioca pudding, jello and mandarin oranges, but not all together. One out of three liked it, but the other two said don't make it again, so I am averaging their votes. I wonder if it would have been better if you used milk instead of water.
This must be for us grown-ups. My husband and I love it, but the kids can take it or leave it. Our favorite variation of this is with lemon jello and drained pears, chopped. We wore out that recipe last summer. I found your recipe by doing a google search for tapioca and jello mixed. Thank you, I like your orange version! LatteDi
I've made this and it's delicious. Since it includes Cool Whip and tapioca (a starch) this would be too heavy made with milk. Water gives it just the right consistency and makes it a refreshing summer dessert. If you like Creamsicles, go for this. Also, IMO, a recipe shouldn't be rated by tasters who don't like the ingredients!