1/1 Photo of Orange Flan With Raspberry Coulis
Mami J's Note:
This is a Spanish recipe from the region of Euskadi. The flan has no dairy in it, but the coulis is made with whipping cream. It seems complicated, but it's easy to prepare. Can be served at room temperature or chilled. Found online for ZWT 5.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the coulis
- 1Place the 4 tbs sugar in an ovenproof 6"round pan. Ladle pan around to distribute the sugar evenly. Place the pan over low heat on the stove burner. Let the sugar melt and DO NOT stir. When it begins to turn a caramel color, you can tip the pan slightly to redistribute caramel. Once all sugar is melted and it has turned golden brown, the caramel is ready. Set aside.
- 2Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- 3Zest one orange. Juice this orange as well as the remaining 8.
- 4Place eggs and remaining sugar in a large bowl. Beat with a wire whisk until pale and thick. Add the orange zest and juice. Beat until well combined.
- 5Place the prepared pan inside a larger one. Pour the egg and orange mixture into the caramel covered pan. Pour hot water into the larger pan, to create a water bath. Cover both pans loosely with foil and place in hot oven. Bake for 40 minutes or until set. Remove the pan with the flan from water bath and place on a rack to cool.
- 6Meanwhile, make coulis:.
- 7Bring the whipping cream and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and add the raspberries and Cointreau. Pass through a fine sieve. Let cool.
- 8Unmold flan onto a serving platter and serve with the coulis.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Orange Flan With Raspberry Coulis
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.9
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 244.1 mg
- Sodium 79.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 39.4 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: