Cook1 hr 20 mins
I usually am requested to make this for Superbowl gatherings. It is really good and very different from a standard cheesecake. Can't remember where I got this recipe from.
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 lbs Red Delicious apples, peeled and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Combine graham cracker crumbs with the 2 T sugar and 2 T melted butter.
- Press into a 9" springform pan.
- In a dutch oven or saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter over low heat and add apples, sugar and spices. Simmer until apples are soft but hold their shape. Cool.
- Mix together praline topping ingredients and set aside.
- Beat together cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat eggs in one at a time. Add cream and be at until thick and creamy.
- Gently stir in apple mix.
- Pour into springform pan. Spread praline topping over cheesecake and bake 350 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until set.
I made this cheesecake to take to our family Thanksgiving Dinner and it was a big hit. This cheesecake was the first to go. I should have made two.