1 hr 45 mins
This is the recipe my Granny has used for as long as I can remember. My brothers, sister and I would get so excited when Pop-Pop would get the hand-crank ice cream maker out. We knew we were in for the best homemade ice cream ever. No idea where this originates from.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add the first 3 ingredients to a saucepan.
- 2Over low heat, cook and stir constantly for 25-30 minutes or until the mixture gets thickened and will coat a spoon; cover and chill.
- 3Add in half-and-half and the remaining ingredients to the chilled mixture; stir to combine.
- 4Pour mixture into the container of an 5-quart electric ice cream maker (or hand-crank freezer for you die-hards).
- 5Freeze following the manufacturer's directions.
- 6Serve right away or transfer to an airtight container and freeze until firm.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Vanilla Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (3008 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1767.6
- Calories from Fat 990
- Total Fat 110.1 g
- Saturated Fat 65.8 g
- Cholesterol 732.2 mg
- Sodium 557.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 169.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 145.0 g
- Protein 28.2 g