1/2 Photos of Old-Fashioned Strawberry Ice Cream
Since I bought an ice cream maker, I always want to try new recipes. This one looks great and I'll try it this summer with fresh strawberries. From Rachael Ray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium glass or strainless steel bowl, combine the strawberries and 1/4 cup sugar; mash with a fork.
- 2Set the bowl in a larger bowl filled with ice water.
- 3In a medium saucepan, bring the half-and-half and remaining 1/2 cup sugar to a simmer, stirring occasionally, over medium heat.
- 4In a heatproof bowl, whisk the egg yolks; gradually whisk in about 1/2 cup of the hot cream mixture.
- 5Pour the mixture into the saucepan and cook, whisking constantly, over medium heat until steaming hot and frothy, about 3 minutes.
- 6Strain the custard into the bowl of strawberries.
- 7Let stand, whisking occasionally, until cool.
- 8Using an ice cream maker, process the cooled custard according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- 9Transfer to an airtight container and freeze.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old-Fashioned Strawberry Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (956 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1411.3
- Calories from Fat 589
- Total Fat 65.5 g
- Saturated Fat 37.9 g
- Cholesterol 547.9 mg
- Sodium 219.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 194.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 164.7 g
- Protein 21.6 g