Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This was one of the featured recipes in an email that I received this morning from the www.recipe4living.com website. "Fall recipe served warm with vanilla ice cream for a special treat!"
- 12 apples
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 3⁄4 lb butter, at room temperature (or margarine)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray at 9 x 13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Peel apples and slice into wedges and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- In sauce pan combine cornstarch, cold water and sugar. Heat on medium high heat to a boil stirring continually. Mixture will become a thick syrup. Remove from heat.
- Mix flour, brown sugar, oatmeal and butter together by hand. Press half of mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Place apples evenly on top. Pour syrup over apples. Then top with remaining oatmeal mixture to make crumbs.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
This is a great receipe, it will certainly come in handy this fall, as I have many apple trees. Thanks for sharring it.