Smooth and creamy, and adult holiday treat. I have, in the past, dispensed with the vermicelli, and simply rolled the truffles in unsweetened cocoa powder.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place chocolate, butter and coffee powder in the top of a double boiler over simmering water.
- 2Heat, stirring often, until chocolate and butter are melted.
- 3Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- 4Stir in 2 tbsp of coffee liqueur and egg yolk.
- 5Slowly blend in icing sugar.
- 6Chill for one hour or until firm enough to handle.
- 7Roll into 1/2 inch balls.
- 8(Be sure your hands are cool.) Dip balls into remaining liqueur, then into vermicelli.
- 9Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
- 10Makes 36 Truffles.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mocha Truffles
Serving Size: 1 (439 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 57.6
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 9.7 mg
- Sodium 1.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: