This is my sister's recipe that she shared with me. It is perfect because it is so simple, delicious and nearly all of the ingredients I usually have on hand. This is great served with vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt.
- Place berries in a 8x8" baking dish.
- Add enough sugar to mostly cover berries (doesn't have to be amount specified).
- Mix flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, egg and oatmeal until crumbly.
- Cover berries with flour mixture and pour 1 cup melted butter over top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
This is very good. I loved the addition of the oats as it makes it crunchy. Perfect with the cinnamon ice cream I had.
A bit too sweet for me, but it is an excellent dessert, if a sweet tooth is what you have. Adding vanilla ice cream was a nice touch. Thank you Leilani and sister for sharing this with us.
This recipe was so easy to make ad just delicious.