In an effort to make a dessert that my parents could have on their no sugar, no flour diet, I came up with this. Thanks to Ladypit for the idea of using pineapple and banana for added sweetness. My recipe will make a lot of crumble topping because that's how my family likes it. You can adjust quantities as you see fit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 banana
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1 (21 ounce) bag frozen mixed berries
- 3 apples, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Separated pineapple juice from chunks and in a food processor, puree the pineapple chunks and banana.
- 3In a small sauce pan, reduce the pineapple juice to a syrupy consistency.
- 4Combine the pureed fruit, pineapple syrup, frozen berries, apple, and applesauce in a large sauce pan and bring to a low boil.
- 5Allow to cook until the apple are soft and the juices of the fruit have thickened.
- 6In a large bowl, combine the ground almond, chopped nuts, oats, cinnamon, and salt, if using.
- 7In a small sauce pan combine honey and butter and heat till well melted.
- 8Pour butter and honey mixture into the dry ingredients a stir to combine.
- 9Pour fruit mixture into a greased 9 x 13 casserole pan and top with crumble.
- 10Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the fruit mixture is bubbling at the edges and the topping is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mixed Berry and Apple Crumble-No Sugar, No Flour
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 422.0
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 84.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 20.8 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen mixed berries