1/1 Photo of Microwave Peanut Brittle Candy
Heather Reynolds in Virginia's Note:
This is an ancient family recipe that has been adapted to a microwave. This is better than any peanut brittle you can buy at the store. Be careful its addictive
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remember all microwaves vary so you may need to adjust your time by 15 seconds. If the first batch comes out to soft then you know you didnt cook it long enough. After you make the first batch it gets really easy and fast to make.
- 2In a large microwave safe bowl stir peanuts, sugar, syrup and salt together. Be sure to mix them well. (rubber spatula works really well).
- 3Microwave for 3 minutes 45 seconds to 4 minutes.
- 4Stir with a metal spoon so it doesnt stick. Stir it quickly so it doesnt have time to cool.
- 5Microwave 3 1/2 to 4 more minutes.
- 6Stir in butter.
- 7Microwave 2 more minutes.
- 8Stir in vanilla and dont panic when it steams and turns brown.that is what you want.
- 9Add baking soda and stir quickly until is gets light and foamy.
- 10Immediately pour onto a lightly buttered baking sheet and spread to about 1/4 inch thick.
- 12break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave Peanut Brittle Candy
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.4
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 1.6 mg
- Sodium 284.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 41.0 g
- Protein 5.5 g