1/1 Photo of Microwave Peanut Brittle
Chef # 8654321's Note:
This puts store bought peanut brittle to shame. I prefer to use the skinless peanuts because I think the skins are bitter. The amount listed below for the peanuts is if you're using Virginia peanuts. If you're using Spanish peanuts then reduce the amount of peanuts to 1 1/2 cups. Be sure to watch the candy carefully the first time you make it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine peanuts, sugar, corn syrup, and brown sugar in a large microwave safe bowl. Mixture will be quite gummy.
- 2Microwave on high power for 2 minutes and then stir.
- 3Continue microwaving the peanut brittle a couple minutes at a time until the peanuts are a nice roasted brown color. Be sure you're looking at the peanuts themselves and not the syrup surrounding them. The time this takes will vary according to your microwave. When the syrup starts to get really hot you may want to check every minute or less to prevent it from burning.
- 4After the peanuts are cooked quickly stir in the butter, vanilla, and baking soda.
- 5Pour the candy out on to a sheet of aluminum foil and spread it as thin as you can get it.
- 6Let the candy cool completely before breaking it into pieces.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave Peanut Brittle
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.9
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 185.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 25.8 g
- Protein 6.3 g