Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I haven't made this yet, but it sounds very good, fast and easy! Found in an old microwave cookbook.
- 1 (28 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 (16 ounce) package butter recipe cake mix
- 1⁄4 lb butter, cold, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- whipped cream, for serving
- Pour apple pie filling into a deep casserole dish that will fit in you microwave. Sprinkle evenly with the cake mix. Cover completely with a layer of butter. Mix the brown sugar with the coconut, walnuts and cinnamon. Sprinkle this mix over the layer of butter. Cook on HIGH for 8-9 minutes. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
8) I have to give this 5 stars... just for ease alone. I tagged this recipe out of curiousity as there were no previous reviewers, no photos and the chef herself hadn't even made this.... that being said, I cannot believe how terrific this turned out. I was really skeptical when putting it together only because it seemed like too much cake mix a top the amount of pie filling. Then, the butter.... I thought how in the world is this going to turn out. I put it in the microwave and walked away! In 9 minutes I had dessert. It came out browned even, like it had baked. Okay, but the test was when it was cut. After letting it set for 8 minutes I grabbed a spoon and dove in. It was like a crumb cake with apple pie on the bottom. I have to tell you, when it cooks, don't be surprised... but some of the apple filling comes to the top. I took a bite and now I can't wait to eat more. No need to add whip cream, this was sweet enough. This one goes into my *Favorites by Zaar* cookbook. It would be so easy to whip up when you have unexpected company or just fill like dessert and don't have a lot of time. YUMmers! Thanks Mami for sharing this one. (Made for Bevy Tag 10/08) ~V
So delish!!! Made with sugar free apple pie filling which worked perfect. Also only used a half a stick of butter which was enough for us. Loved the nuts and coconut. Will add some dried cranberries on top of the apples and add some oats on top next time. Great, easy recipe. Thanks!!! Back to say that this reheats in the microwave very well on day 2. Everyone loved it.
This is to die for! MAde this a few eeks ago, foprgot to review, but with the cold, think I will make it again and try for a photo. JUST DELICIOUS and easy to boot! Trust the recipe....and enjoy dessert in just a short few minurtes! Thanks for posting a real KEEPER! **Made for Beverage tag 2008**