1/2 Photos of Melt -in- your- mouth Cream Puffs
These elegant morsels are best eaten soon after filling or you can put them in the freezer and have them as a frozen treat.
My Private Note
cream p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons real vanilla
- 1/2 tablespoon butter, melted
- chocolate syrup (I use Hersey's)
- 1Popovers: Mix all ingredients in large bowl.
- 2Half fill greased muffin tins w/ mixture.
- 3Put in cold oven and set temp to 450 degrees F.
- 4Bake 15 minutes.
- 5Reduce heat to 350 degrees F.
- 6Bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- 7Test one: make sure it is crispy outside and moist inside.
- 8Filling: Combine sugar, cornstarch, salt and egg yolks in a bowl.
- 9Add warm milk slowly to sugar mixture.
- 10Pour back into a sauce pan and cook over med.
- 11heat stirring constantly until thickened.
- 12Add vanilla/melted butter and cool completely.
- 13Spoon into popovers.
- 14Cover w/ chocolate sauce and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Melt -in- your- mouth Cream Puffs
Serving Size: 1 (934 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.9
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 94.0 mg
- Sodium 147.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 5.4 g