These elegant morsels are best eaten soon after filling or you can put them in the freezer and have them as a frozen treat.
- Popovers: Mix all ingredients in large bowl.
- Half fill greased muffin tins w/ mixture.
- Put in cold oven and set temp to 450 degrees F.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- Test one: make sure it is crispy outside and moist inside.
- Filling: Combine sugar, cornstarch, salt and egg yolks in a bowl.
- Add warm milk slowly to sugar mixture.
- Pour back into a sauce pan and cook over med.
- heat stirring constantly until thickened.
- Add vanilla/melted butter and cool completely.
- Spoon into popovers.
- Cover w/ chocolate sauce and serve.
This are great. I couldn't find my recipe for my cream puff so I looked on ZAAR and found this. Thanks for the posting.
This is a great recipe! We made it once just for fun and really liked it. We also made it this year for Easter. I think we will stick with this recipe for a while. We did lower the constarch and added a little more milk to make the filling creamier but everything else was excellent. Thanks.