Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I adopted this recipe, but I haven't made it yet. I love blackberries, though, so I'm looking forward to it!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- 13x9 baking dish.
- Mix together sugar, flour, salt.
- Add to berries and mix well,sprinkle on lemon juice.
- Pour into baking dish and dot with butter.
- Bake until hot and bubbly.
- make topping just before you are ready to put it on: Mix together dry ingredients and cut in butter until resembles coarse meal (can be done in food processor).
- Whisk egg into milk.
- Stir in milk and egg until just blended.
- Spoon topping on in dollops.
- Return to oven until biscuits are done.
Good! Cobbler with a generous amount of biscuit topping and chock full of blackberries. Used frozen blackeberries with good results. Still tasty after being refrigerated overnight and warmed up the next day. Next time I would reduce or omit the salt in the berry mixture. Thanks for the recipe!
This is a really tasty dessert that if you like the taste of blackberries you love this recipe. I cut it in 1/2 and omitted the egg and milk part. So the topping was more crispy than dough. I would omit the lemon juice next time as I thought the blackberries were plenty strong and tart enough w/o the added lemon. Of course this depends on how sweet your berries are. Mine were the typical black-cap type and not very sweet. Purely my fault for not thinking of this b/f adding the juice. A scoop of vanilla icecream mellows out the flavors for a great summertime dessert. Made for HolidayTag.