1/1 Photo of Marinated Fruit With Coconut Dressing
Bird created this very simple and beautiful recipe with great flavor that you can be made several hours before serving. You can opt to grill the fruit on skewers for k-bobs or just mix and serve in a decorative bowl. For the dip, I simply added shredded coconut to my sister's wonderful Kathy's Fruit Dip, creating a 'family' recipe. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pink lady apple, cut into 20 bite size pieces
- 1 pear, cut into 20 bite size pieces
- 2 bananas, firm, cut into 20 slices
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 20 fresh pineapple chunks (about 1/2 of a pineapple)
- 20 seedless grapes
- 20 fresh strawberries, tops removed
- 1FRUIT: Place fruit gently into a large bowl or ziploc bag.
- 2MARINADE: Mix all ingredients well and pour gently over fruit. Cover or seal bag and refrigerate for 1-3 hours.
- 3DRESSING: In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in remaining dressing ingredients and mix well. Cover and chill 1-3 hours.
- 4AS A FRUIT SALAD: Drain fruit from marinade (discard marinade). Mix fruit together with dressing and serve immidiately.
- 5AS KABOBS; Drain fruit from marinade (discard marinade). Using 20 wooden skewers, alternately arrange fruit onto skewers. Place on grill and heat for just a few minutes, turning one halfway through. Serve with dressing on the side or brush with dip the last minute of grilling.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Fruit With Coconut Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (1124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.3
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 11.3 mg
- Sodium 57.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 28.6 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sugar orange marmalade