Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Bird created this very simple and beautiful recipe with great flavor that you can be made several hours before serving. You can opt to grill the fruit on skewers for k-bobs or just mix and serve in a decorative bowl. For the dip, I simply added shredded coconut to my sister's wonderful Kathy's Fruit Dip, creating a 'family' recipe. :)
- 1 pink lady apple, cut into 20 bite size pieces
- 1 pear, cut into 20 bite size pieces
- 2 bananas, firm, cut into 20 slices
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 20 fresh pineapple chunks (about 1/2 of a pineapple)
- 20 seedless grapes
- 20 fresh strawberries, tops removed
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (or Splenda)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 8 ounces neufchatel cheese, softened (or cream cheese)
- 16 ounces vanilla yogurt (or lemon or strawberry)
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sugar orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- FRUIT: Place fruit gently into a large bowl or ziploc bag.
- MARINADE: Mix all ingredients well and pour gently over fruit. Cover or seal bag and refrigerate for 1-3 hours.
- DRESSING: In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in remaining dressing ingredients and mix well. Cover and chill 1-3 hours.
- AS A FRUIT SALAD: Drain fruit from marinade (discard marinade). Mix fruit together with dressing and serve immidiately.
- AS KABOBS; Drain fruit from marinade (discard marinade). Using 20 wooden skewers, alternately arrange fruit onto skewers. Place on grill and heat for just a few minutes, turning one halfway through. Serve with dressing on the side or brush with dip the last minute of grilling.
Made for dinner, ..we enjoyed this, I made this as a fruit salad last night, other than cutting the recipe in half, used cream cheese, and a red delicious apple we were pleased. The company enjoyed this as they were impressed with the dressing too. Great tasting salad !!! Made for PRMR tag.
Delicious. I skipped the dressing but added coconut at the end. The amounts of fruit I used was a bit more -- using the whole pineapple and extra strawberries and grapes. Wonderful! Thanks for sharing this keeper!
Made this as a fruit salad & IT'S GREAT TASTING, & although we only got 14 servings from it, I really can't quibble, especially when I get an extra large serving everytime! Pink Lady's I didn't find, but managed with a couple of Fujis! Thanks for a great tasting salad! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]