Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Confident Cooking.
Make and share this Mango Ice Cream (no Ice Cream Maker Necessary) recipe from Food.com.
- 4 egg yolks
- 2⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups mango puree
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup coconut cream
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- Place egg yolks and confectioners sugar in medium heatproof bowl; set into the top of a double-boiler or a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, beating until eggs are thick and creamy; remove from heat, continue beating for 1 minute longer or until cool.
- Place mango puree, juice, coconut cream and cream into a large bowl, mix well; using a metal spoon, gently fold in the egg mixture.
- Spoon into an 18 X 27 cm or one-litre capacity rectangular freezer tray; store, covered with foil, in freezer 3 hours or until the mixture is almost frozen.
- Transfer to large mixing bowl; with an electric mixer, beat on high speed until smooth; return mixture to freezer tray, store, covered with foil, in freezer for 5 hours or overnight.