Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A recipe from my local newspaper that my grandmother used when making fudge, adapted from "Politics and Pot Roast: A Flavorful Look at the Presidency" by Sarah Hood Salomon.
- Butter a 9-inch square pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine semisweet and German sweet chocolates, marshmallow creme, and salt.
- In a large saucepan, combine milk and sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook over medium heat, stirring continuously, for 6 to 7 minutes. (The longer it cooks, the firmer the fudge).
- Pour milk mixture over chocolate. Add nuts and butter and beat until chocolate is melted and fudge is creamy.
- Pour mixture into buttered pan and let cool at room temperature for a few hours before cutting into small squares. Store in an airtight container.
You've got a great tasting fudge with this recipe! I used toasted pecans & enjoyed their taste in this fudge! Thanks for a great treat! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my Vegetarian partners in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap 4]