1/5 Photos of Mama's Chocolate Tear & Share Brioche
Um Safia's Note:
This is the same basic recipe as my regular Tear & Share Brioche but this one has the added bonus of having chocolate centres & chocolate icing!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 free-range eggs
- 8 ounces strong white bread flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- 2 ounces unsalted butter
- 12 (1 ounce) your favourite chocolate squares
- 1Mix the warm milk & yeast in a bowl. Leave to stand for a few minutes.
- 2Sift the 1oz of flour into the milk & yeast mix, add the 1 tsp of sugar & mix well. Leave to stand in a warm place for 10 mins or until frothy (will look a little like mousse!).
- 3While the starter is standing, sift the flour & salt into a mixing bowl. Add the vanilla sugar then rub in the butter. ( rub in method - rub the butter into the flour to create 'bread crumbs' - like you do with short crust pastry)).
- 4When the starter is frothy, whisk in the 2 eggs. When the eggs are fully incorporated, pour the mixture into mixing bowl & stir the ingredients until they come together to form a ball.
- 5Remove the ball of dough & knead on a lightly floured surface for a minute or until no longer sticky.
- 6Place the dough on a lightly floured dish or tray, cover & let rest in a warm place for around 90 minutes or until roughly doubled in size.
- 7When doubled in size, knead the dough again for another minute - just to knock the air out a bit.
- 8Dust a work surface with flour then divide the dough into 12 equal pieces ( cut dough into quarters then cut each quarter into thirds). Place a square of chocloate in the centre of each piece of dough then form into a ball.
- 9Lightly grease a baking tin then place the balls inside - 3 in the middle of the tin & 9 around the edges - make sure there are spaces in between.
- 10Place in a preheated oven at 230 c (450 F) for around 18 minutes. Start checking the brioche at 15 minutes, remove from oven when pale gold all over.
- 11Remove from tin & allow to cool.Divide the icing sugar into 2 bowls. Add the cocoa powder to one & add a tiny bit of hot water at a time to each, until you have a thick icing that you drizzle over the brioche. Slowly drizzle the icing over the brioch until it is almost covered.
- 12Tear off a piece when you want & enjoy!
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mama's Chocolate Tear & Share Brioche
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 529.6
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 58.0 mg
- Sodium 181.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 46.3 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: