1/1 Photo of Mad Hatter Cupcakes
Caroline Cooks's Note:
Delicious cupcakes with a Mad Hatter twist! Great for any tea party; even Alice would approve. I've tweaked the basic recipe from a Pillsbury Bake-off finalist, Kathryn Fitch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup flour
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla flavor pudding and pie filling
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherry, chopped
- 12 -14 dark chocolate-covered cherries
- 1Line muffin cups with paper baking cups. Combine flour, pudding mix, baking powder and salt.
- 2In separate large mixing bowl, gradually add sugar to butter.
- 3Cream until light and fluffy.
- 4Using electric mixer at MED speed, add eggs, vanilla, cherries, and cherry juice; beat 1 minute.
- 5Add dry ingredients alternately with milk, beginning with milk and ending with dry ingredients.
- 6Fill baking cups 2/3 full. Bake at 350F.; for 15-17 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven; quickly- make a slight indentation in the middle top of each cupcake.
- 8Place a chocolate covered cherry candy into each indentation and return to oven for 2-3 minutes to soften chocolate.
- 9Remove from oven and immediately, swirl softened chocolate over top of cupcakes, leaving cherries in place.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mad Hatter Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (583 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.6
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 45.9 mg
- Sodium 275.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
maraschino cherry juice
dark chocolate-covered cherries