Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Delicious combination of chocolate and mint! This recipe creates a festive green cheesecake that is wonderfully rich and fabulous to look at too!
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (11 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (divided)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 keebler chocolate cookie pie crust (or graham cracker crust, the extra serving size)
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring
- 1 egg
- chocolate syrup (for garnish, optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In double boiler, or small sauce pan, melt chocolate chips with 1/3 cup of the sweetened condensed milk. Stir in vanilla, and spread the mixture on the bottom of the pie crust.
- With mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy; beat in the remaining sweetened condensed milk, peppermint extract and green food coloring. (Start with 3-4 drops, and add more until you get desired green-ness!).
- Add egg to cream cheese mixture and beat on low until just combined.
- Place pie crust on baking sheet and place in oven. Carefully pour mint mixture over chocolate layer in the pie crust.
- Bake 25 minutes or until center is nearly set. Cool at least five minutes. Chill at least three hours.
- Serve with chocolate syrup drizzled over top in a zig-zag pattern, or whichever way you like!
This was easy to make and a big hit with my mint lovers!