Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
These little yummies need to be stored frozen because they melt really quickly, but you can eat them straight from the freezer.
- Heat butter, chocolate, and Splenda on HIGH in the microwave until the mixture is melted (about 60 to 90 seconds-do not boil).
- Stir the half & half or cream and the peanut butter into the melted mixture.
- Line 10 muffin tins with cupcake papers.
- Place a sprinkle of nuts in bottoms of each tin.
- Divide chocolate mixture evenly between the 10 tins. Freeze until firm.
These are amazing! They definitely cake care of my chocolate fix! I mixed up the recipe after a couple of months. Now, instead of nuts in the bottom of the cupcake liners, I just use crunchy peanut butter. Also, it helps to melt the peanut butter for about 30 seconds in the microwave before adding to the chocolate/butter/Splenda mix.
I'm giving it 5 stars because I think it satisfied my craving for Reese's esp. since this is for low carbers. I didn't change anything and it worked out to about 2 tbl per cup. Just gotta stop from eating all of them, Thanks for the recipe!
A nice little treat for low carbers! I actually made these using a substitution for the baking chocolate. According to my favourite cookbook, you can substitute a square of baking chocolate with 3 Tbsp cocoa powder mixed with 1 Tbsp canola oil. So I did that and they turned out lovely. I also made these in a mini muffin pan using those little paper liners and I got 24 mini chocolate cups out of it. Thanks so much for this recipe Mercy, it is going in the favourites book!