This recipe was given to me by a friend. I don't know where she got it. It's wonderful. I like the fact that you don't have to make a crustless cheesecake for it to be low carb. I put the splenda down as 3/4 to 1 cup because I tend to use a little less splenda because I don't like an overly sweet cheesecake. It's good either way. Bon Appetite!!
- 1 cup pecan halves, ground in food processor
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 -3 teaspoon brown Sugar Twin
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4-1 cup Splenda sugar substitute, plus
- 3 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate or 3 tablespoons cocoa
- Preaheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix pecans, brown sugar twin and melted butter.
- Press onto the bottom of a 9" springform pan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Increase the oven temperature to 450 degrees.
- Beat cream cheese, splenda and vanilla at medium speed until well blended and smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Blend chocolate into one cup of batter and add 3 teaspoons splenda.
- Layer the plain and chocolate batters over the prepared crust.
- Cut through the batters with a knife several times for a marbleing effect.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 250 degrees and continue baking for 30-45 minutes.
- The cheesecake will be set when it is done, but it needs to chill for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator before serving.
- It is best if it chills longer.
Bless you, Miss Julie!! I have a sweet tooth that won't quit, and being on a low carb diet can be tough. This tasted so yummy, was pretty quick to prepare, and I savored every bite. I also used cocoa powder. Thank you so much for sharing this.
I love it! Thank you Julie! I have been on Atkins and sugar free jello was getting old fast. Much appreciated!!! I used a mixture of almonds, pecans, and sugar free vanilla wafers for the crust, ( (slightly higher in carbs but, not by much) Delicious! I served it to those not on a sugar free diet and they couldn't tell.
This was really wonderful. I made it twice and loved it twice. I got rave reviews from my non-low-carb friends as well on it.