Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from my very good Danish friend who always makes this for get togethers. Making time does not include setting time.
- Melt gelatine in hot water
- Beat egg yolks & sugar together until thick.
- Stir in lemon peel to yolk mixture.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Beat cream until soft peaks form.
- Add lemon juice to gelatine and then pour into yolk mixture and fold through.
- Fold in beaten egg whites.
- Lastly fold in whipped cream.
- Pour into nice glass bowl and leave to set in fridge until set.
Delicious Jen! I love lemon desserts on a hot Summer evening..and this was just the flavour and texture I like. We had had some hot and spicy dips with munchies prior to this so it was perfect to cool the mouth down..lol Great recipe.
We've had houseguests and I've been experimenting on them... I made this and it disappeared ! Everyone loved the taste, several of us had a small note to make about the texture.... I used an electric mixer to beat the egg whites but some of the "thick" part of the white didn't seem to have broken up so anyone who got a bit of that in their part of the desert found it a bit unpleasant in their mouth. Like tiny slivers of rubbery something. Tasted excellent, but next time I will sieve the egg whites before I beat them and hopefully that would completely solve the problem. I will definiately make this again... often... since it was an excellent desert to have on a hot balmy relaxed evening with guests after we'd polished off various salads for our main course. Please see my rating syatem... a very well deserved 4 stars. Thanks !!!